Paper In Particular
Paper In Particular is a annual, juried exhibition held by the Columbia College art galleries. The exhibition showcases the very best in art that incorporates paper as a primary element. Prints, drawings, photographs, digital images, paintings, sculpture, etc., are all eligible.
The 37th Annual Paper In Particular exhibition will run from February 22 - April 1, 2016 in the Columbia College Sidney Larson Gallery.
To register and submit your entries, please visit the Paper in Particular registration site.
- November 16 - Deadline for entries
- November 19-20 - Judging by Takuji Hamanaka (Brooklyn, NY)
- February 12 - Begin receiving work
- February 15 - Hand-delivered work received between 8am and noon, Monday-Friday
- February 17 - Deadline for accepted work
- February 22 - Exhibition opens
- February 26 - Public Reception from 7-9pm
- April 4 - Hand-delivered work pickup Monday-Friday
- April 8 - Begin returning work
Judge Biography: Takuji Hamanaka
Takuji Hamanaka is an artist and printmaker living in Brooklyn, New York. He was apprentice in traditional woodcut printmaking in Tokyo, Japan. In recent works he combines printmaking with collage, using extremely thin Japanese paper called “ Gampi”. His work has been exhibited at the International Print Center, New York; Whitman College, Washington; National Academy of Fine Arts, India; and the Royal Scottish Academy in Edinburgh, Scotland, among others. Takuji Hamanaka received a New York Foundation for the Arts Fellowship, NY; KALA Art Institute Fellowship, CA and has been a resident at the MacDowell Colony, NH; Open Studio Residency, Haystack Mountain School of Crafts, ME and Open studios, Museum of Arts and Design, NY. He is represented by Owen James Gallery, NY.
"Paper, almost universally, is held in reverence as a vessel and vehicle for truth."
- Amy Wilder, Columbia Daily Tribune, March 22, 2015
Read the Columbia Daily Tribune article covering the 36th Annual Paper In Particular.