Paper In Particular
Paper In Particular is a annual, juried exhibition held by the Columbia College art galleries. The exhibition showcases the very best in art that incorporates paper as a primary element. Prints, drawings, photographs, digital images, paintings, sculpture, etc., are all eligible.
The 38th Annual Paper In Particular exhibition will run from February 20 - March 31, 2017 in the Columbia College Sidney Larson Gallery.
To register and submit your entries, please visit the Paper in Particular registration site.
- November 11 - Deadline for entries
- November 15-16 - Judging by Ben Cameron
- February 1 - Begin receiving work
- February 13 - Hand-delivered work and deadline for ALL accepted work
- February 20 - Exhibition opens
- February 24 - Public reception from 7-9pm
- Week of April 3 - Begin returning work
Judge Biography: Ben Cameron
Ben Cameron is Professor Emeritus at Columbia College, MO where he taught painting, drawing and printmaking from 1974-2014. He started Paper In Particular 38 years ago to showcase printmaking, drawing, photography, digital imagery, painting, sculpture and installation. Ben's work can be found in collections at Portland Art Museum, University of Iowa, Springfield Art Museum, University of Cincinnati, Missouri Historical Society and numerous private collections throughout the U.S.
"Paper, almost universally, is held in reverence as a vessel and vehicle for truth."
- Amy Wilder, Columbia Daily Tribune, March 22, 2015
Read the Columbia Daily Tribune article covering the 36th Annual Paper In Particular.