Seating, Accessibility and Special Needs
Accessibility is important at Columbia College. If you or your party has any special needs, ushers stationed inside the Southwell Complex will be happy to assist you.
We encourage you to complete the accommodations request form and submit the form online several days prior to the ceremonies so arrangements can be made. Graduates with accommodation requests should also complete the form in advance to ensure accommodations are in place for the ceremonies. If you have any questions, please contact the Disability Services Office, 573-875-7672 or email@example.com. Columbia College wishes an enjoyable experience for all of our students and guests.
- Seating in the Southwell Complex is on a first-come, first-served basis. The doors open an hour before the ceremony begins.
- Folding chairs make up most of the seating available.
GUEST DROP-OFF AND HANDICAP PARKING
- Guest drop-off and pick-up is at Southwell’s main entrance, located off of Pannell Street.
- Guests with a valid handicap parking tag may park in the designated parking off Pannell Street on the east side of the Southwell Complex. A Campus Safety Officer will be available to assist with directions.
- After the ceremony, roads around the Southwell Complex are blocked for pedestrian traffic. Please be patient when picking up your family and friends.
- Please click here for parking map.
- Wheelchairs will not be available at the venue. For those requiring a wheelchair, we suggest a private rental from one of these companies:
- Kilgore’s Medical Pharmacy: 573-442-0194
- D&H Drugstore: 573-777-7333
- Guests with a valid handicap parking tag may park in designated areas on the east side of the Southwell Complex. Guests may be dropped off at the Southwell Complex main entrance, located off Pannell Street.
- Wheelchair seating is available on a first-come, first-serve basis; assistance is available from ushers upon arrival.
- Guests with strollers are asked to see an usher for assistance in seating. Strollers need to fit in the seating sections.
HEARING IMPAIRED GUESTS
- Columbia College offers an American Sign Language interpreter at each commencement. Please contact the Disability Services Office, 573-875-7626 or firstname.lastname@example.org for reserved seating.
- Assisted listening devices are also available.