What do I need to do to receive my diploma?
- In order to graduate, you must submit the Declaration of Candidacy for Degree (DEC) form the semester prior to your last term. This form is available in CougarTrack.
- Pay the associated graduation fee that is charged to your account when you submit your DEC.
- Ensure that you have no outstanding balance prior to the end of the term in which you plan to graduate. Your diploma will not be release if you have a past-due balance.
- Complete the necessary coursework required for your degree.
Upon successful completion of degree requirements and posting of your degree, your diploma will be processed in Student Records and Transcripts. You will typically receive your diploma, and an “official” copy of your final transcript, in approximately 6–8 weeks. It could be longer if there is any type of hold on your account.
What information will appear on my diploma?
- Your name as listed on your DEC.
- Your degree (i.e. Bachelor of Arts; Master of Science, etc.)
- Your major
- Any Latin honors, dean’s academic achievement, honors program
Note: Tracks, area of emphasis, concentrations, minors and majors within a major (such as the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with majors in accounting and management) will not be listed. Additional majors will be listed on the official transcript.
How will my name appear on my diploma?
Your name will be listed on your diploma as specified on your DEC. Submitting a Student Name Change Request form will not automatically update the name that will be listed on your diploma. If you wish to change the name on your DEC, contact the Diploma Specialist in Student Records and Transcripts at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 231-2391, ext. 7526.
If you would like to change the address that your diploma will be mailed to, contact us at email@example.com or (800) 231-2391, ext. 7526. Unless notified otherwise, we will mail your diploma to the most current address we have on file for you. Please remember to complete an Address Change form in CougarTrack if you have moved. It is important that we have your most current address on file.
Your diploma will be 8.5 x 11 in size. A diploma cover will be provided to you at the time you receive your diploma, unless you received one at the commencement ceremony. Visit the College bookstore for diploma frame options.
If you would like to order an additional copy of your diploma, complete and return the Diploma Reorder form. The fee for a diploma reorder is $10. If you wish to order a diploma cover there is an additional $10 charge. Diploma reorders do not contain a copy of your transcript. Typically diploma reorders are processed within 3-5 business days.
Who do I call if I need help?
- For questions regarding your diploma, please contact the diploma specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 231-2391, ext. 7526.
- For questions regarding the posting of your degree, please contact your advisor.
- For questions regarding the Declaration of Candidacy for Degree form, please contact Evaluations at (800) 231-2391, ext. 7658, or email email@example.com.
- For questions regarding fee payments or a balance on your account, or to make payment arrangements, please contact Registration and Financial Services. For contact information and additional details regarding financial matters, visit the RFS webpage or call (800) 231-2391, ext. 7252.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will it take to receive my diploma?
Processing time varies, depending on the time of year when your degree is awarded. Typical processing time is 6-8 weeks following posting of your degree.
I was told that my diploma was mailed, but I haven’t received it yet – now what?
Mail time for your diploma varies depending on where you live. We are not able to mail you a replacement diploma until 30 days after your initial diploma was mailed. If you have not received your diploma by then, please contact our office at (800) 231-2391, ext. 7526 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
I just received my diploma and the name on my diploma is spelled wrong. How do I get a new one?
The name printed on your diploma is the name that was provided on the Declaration of Candidacy for Degree form. If the diploma you received has a spelling error, please contact our office at email@example.com or (800) 231-2391, ext. 7526. We will need you to return the original diploma prior to issuing a corrected one.
Our mailing address is:
Student Records and Transcripts
1001 Rogers Street
Columbia, MO 65216
If you live near a local campus, you may take your diploma to the campus. Once the campus has the diploma, they will notify the Diploma Specialist and a corrected diploma will be issued.
I submitted a name change request, but my maiden name is still on my diploma. Why wasn’t my name changed?
The name used on your diploma is the name you provided on the Declaration of Candidacy for Degree (DEC) form. If you changed your name after submitting the DEC form, you will need to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 231-2391, ext. 7526 to ensure the change is made on your DEC.
If you would like a diploma with your new name on it you will need to submit a Diploma Reorder form, and there will be a $10.00 charge for the new diploma.
I paid off my balance and still have not received my diploma. Why not?
In order for your diploma to be processed after you have paid off your balance, the Diploma Specialist will need to be notified at email@example.com or (800) 231-2391, ext. 7526.
I need to get an Apostille, how does that work?
The first step is to complete and submit the Diploma Reorder form. There is a $10 charge for the diploma reorder. There are two options available for obtaining the Apostille, after submitting the Diploma Reorder form.
Upon processing your diploma reorder, we will notarize your diploma and return it to you. You can then mail the information to the Secretary of State’s Office. For additional information related to obtaining an Apostille, visit the Missouri Secretary of State’s website.
Documents should be sent to:
Secretary of State’s Office
600 West Main, Room 322
Jefferson City, MO 65101
Upon processing your diploma reorder, we can mail the diploma to the Secretary of State’s Office for you. If you decide to go with Option 2, we will need the following information from you:
- The address where the Apostille should be mailed
- Country you will be working in
- Phone number where you can be reached
There is a $10 processing charge for obtaining an Apostille. Payment can be made in one of two ways:
- $10 check made out to the Director of Revenue (or)
- To pay by credit card, the following must be included in your letter:
- Your name exactly as it appears on the credit card
- Credit card number and expiration date
- Your approval for the Secretary of State’s office to charge the account
Documents will be mailed directly from the Secretary of State’s Office using regular postal mail service, unless there is a prepaid envelope included with all documents.