International student admissions
The College is excited that you are considering Columbia as your choice for continued education in the United States! Columbia College students come from all over the United States and more than 30 different countries and 6 different continents.
How to Apply
- Submit the application for admission to Columbia College with a $35 (U.S. dollars) non-refundable application fee.
Provide official, original bank statement that demonstrates your ability to cover the total cost of attendance for one academic year. This statement should be no more than one year old. The bank statement may be provided by:
- Provide original secondary school transcripts in the native language and an original English translation of these transcripts.
- Provide original transcripts from all colleges/universities in the native language and an original English translation of these records.
- Request all transcripts/credentials be sent to:
ATTN: Office of the Registrar
1001 Rogers Street
Columbia, MO 65216
Provide proof of English proficiency.
Submit the Columbia College SEVIS Supplement.
Students transferring to Columbia College from an institution in the United States must also submit:
- You, the student
- A parent
- A third party. If from a third party, they must be accompanied by an affidavit of support from the sponsor stating his/her intention to accept financial responsibility for the applicant.
- Original transcripts from each institution attended (including ESOL/EAP programs)
- Copies of a valid passport, visa, I-94 card and I-20 from the last institution attended
- A completed Transfer Eligibility Form
When all application documents have been received, students are notified in writing of the admission decision. Students who are admitted and eligible for a SEVIS I-20 form will receive it in the acceptance packet.
To be considered for full admission, you must provide official scores from an English proficiency or standardized admission test. Appropriate scores from the following exams are considered proof of proficiency in English:
- 500, paper-based test with no subset score below 50
- 61, internet-based test with no subset score below 15
||Overall band score of 5.5 with no individual band scores below 5
||Minimum critical reading subscore of 430
||Minimum English subscore of 17
Submitted results cannot be older than two years prior to the desired enrollment date.
Columbia College will also consider the following evidence of English language proficiency:
- A grade of C or higher from an English composition course completed at a U.S. institution and deemed equivalent to the Columbia College ENGL 111 course
- Successful completion of a U.S.-based English as a Second or Other Language Program (ESOL) or Intensive English Program (IEP) and a letter of recommendation from the institution for full academic admission. This requirement is accepted at the discretion of the Admissions Office.
Applicants from the following countries are required to submit ACT/SAT scores in lieu of English proficiency:
Australia, Canada (English speaking provinces), Ireland, Malta, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom.
Columbia College does not offer beginning-level EAP.