Student Development at Columbia College is committed to offering quality programs and services designed to improve, enhance and enrich our students’ lives. The office assists students in reaching their unique potential in areas of personal, social, intellectual and cultural development by providing opportunities for learning and growth.
The director of Student Development
facilitates programs and services including, but not limited to, the following:
- New and transfer student orientation
- First year experience
- Diversity awareness
- Off-campus student programming
- Outdoor experiential education
- Mind-body-spirit programming
- Alcohol and sexual responsibility
- Development and training of the Community Consultant and Peer Educator mentoring programs
- Community outreach and integration
The Student Development office also utilizes the Cougar Den in offering wellness oriented activities and a library of resources on topics of self exploration.