The mission of the Bruce Math Center, Seabrook Writing Center and Tutoring Services is dedicated to the enhancement and application of academic skills crucial to the mission of Columbia College to improve the lives of diverse students through exemplary teaching.
The goals of the Bruce Math Center
- To support and supplement classroom instruction in mathematics.
- To encourage development and maintenance of sound study habits.
- To encourage all to become confident, independent and lifelong learners.
The goals of the Seabrook Writing Center
- To maintain focus on in-depth instruction for higher order concerns in writing.
- To enhance the promotion of a culture that values writing and academic excellence.
- To enhance promotion of and support for campus academic and cultural events.
The goals of the Seabrook Tutoring Services
- To provide free study sessions and skill building in specific disciplines as requested by faculty and/or students in order to enhance students’ academic achievement and excellence in their coursework.
- To support students in becoming independent learners while maintaining a clear focus on the high standards demanded by faculty and found in academic requirements.