Why study political science?
Do you want to examine power and its use for good or ill? If you want to study laws, elections, lobbies, foreign policy, the presidency or the Constitution, then major in political science.
Political science is the study of who gets what, where, when and how. It is the most integrative and diverse major in the social sciences.
Our political science program educates students for careers in government, journalism, education and business, as well as graduate or law school. More than 95 percent of our political science majors who apply are accepted into the graduate or law school of their choice.
- Appointive or elective political officer
- Public administration
- Political campaign management
- Legislative staff
- Historical societies and museums
- Business opportunities requiring liberal arts background
- Political advocacy/lobbying
- Public relations
- Social work